Analog Diary: Day 5

I think day 5 has been the best day working in Analog so far. I totally forgot to write this post over the weekend, so I'm doing it today in work before I start working.

My coworker and I finally finished soldering my circuit board. It took a few hours, a lot of trial and error and a break or two, but we got it eventually. As he said, "It's all part of the work of the engineer". I connected my circuit board to a model one and connected that to a USB port.

In the afternoon after lunch I started something new - programming. I think it could become a hobby of mine. My second supervisor showed me the basics of programming on a whiteboard and I began reading the tutorial myself. It was a lot of fun learning something from scratch. With programming, I have to write code using a special software, verify that it's correct and upload the code to the circuit board. The pieces I soldered to the circuit board will carry out the commands I wrote in the code.

I'm feeling a lot more comfortable with the people here and the work in general now that I've been here for a week.

I better get started with day 6!

-Jennifer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Analog Diary: Day 7

Analog Diary: Day 6

Analog Diary: The Final Day